- You see, the slice of cake was just sitting there…
- “Crying never got you nowhere so suck it up already, child.”
- You strike up a conversation with a stranger in the check-out line at the grocery store who, as it turns out, is not a stranger at all.
- You fall in love with someone you have never met in person.
- Write about the smallest insect you’ve ever seen.
- I was sitting at my desk, working on a case. She walked in and sat down right in front of me. Neither of us said a word.
- A bus full of people vanishes.
- Open up a magazine and point to a random picture. Write about the people in the picture. What are they doing?
- “Math was never my favorite subject, but I would have studied up more had I known this day would come.”
- “You know it’s Sunday when …”
- A man at a florist overhears an order being sent to his wife at her job.
- I had nothing to lose, so I…
Prompts from: Apple Apps Store, Writing Prompts by 21 x 20 Media, Inc. Download with iTunes here and from Writing.com. With grammar and typos of prompts corrected, copy-edited and tweaked for relevance.