- “How many people need to die before the government takes action?” she screamed.
- Take 10 minutes to write a stream of thoughts. Try to write constantly during the 10 minute period and do not edit as you write.
- Write a short dialogue between two members of a sports team after winning the big game.
- Write a story that includes the following: “Our faithful vehicle chose that moment to run out of gas.”
- Just then, a mouse wearing a tuxedo stood up and asked that everyone be seated.
- The computer screeched and the screen turned blue when he hit the submit button.
- Write a letter from the happiest person in the world.
- Pick your favorite super hero and write about something that happens to that hero on your birthday.
- In a white elephant sale, you imagine the history of a specific object.
- A basket floats down a stream, lodging on a rock in front of a child who runs crying to his parents about the contents.
- Write a short poem about your pet, a friend’s pet or a famous celebrity’s pet.
The worst haircut
- During an archaeological dig in the most unlikely place, you find the long-lost remains of Alexander the Great’s son.
Prompts from: Apple Apps Store, Writing Prompts by 21 x 20 Media, Inc. Download with iTunes here and from Writing.com. With grammar and typos of prompts corrected, copy-edited and tweaked for relevance.