- Write a short article on how to do something.
- All you wanted was a bottle of water, but instead you’re witnessing a holdup.
- The painting in your bedroom has been there for years, but today it is upside down within the frame.
- Write a poem about the number 21.
- Write a story in which the phrase ‘I don’t know’ occurs at least three times, each time having a different implication or hidden meaning.
- Write about the letter Q.
- A stop at the pub on the way home changed his/her destiny.
- Instead of landing the space shuttle on earth, its captain steers the shuttle into…
- A cheating wife and a controlling husband make a terrifying couple.
- Everyone has a favourite song. Except…
Prompts from: Apple Apps Store, Writing Prompts by 21 x 20 Media, Inc. Download with iTunes here and from Writing.com. With grammar and typos of prompts corrected, copy-edited and tweaked for relevance.