- Duct tape can fix anything. Almost anything…
- Use these words in a short piece: fish – flowers – flames
- Write a short dialogue between two political candidates about an issue important to you.
- Use these three objects in a 100 word story: A canary, a laptop and a blanket.
- A mathematical theorem begins to doubt itself…
- You come home from work to discover a horse in the backyard, tied to a tree.
- Write an ode to your favorite fruit.
- You strike up a conversation with a stranger in the check-out line at the grocery store who, as it turns out, is not a stranger at all.
- A serene farm community is divided after a gold ore is discovered, since cyanide will be used to extract the gold.
- Someone tries to kill you for possessing a figurine that an old friend had sent you as a gift.
Prompts from: Apple Apps Store, Writing Prompts by 21 x 20 Media, Inc. Download with iTunes here and from Writing.com. With grammar and typos of prompts corrected, copy-edited and tweaked for relevance.