Valentine’s Day Writing Prompts:
- Make a list of ways that you can show your love and appreciation for someone you love.
- Make a list of people that you love and the reasons why.
- Write about a special moment where you felt or expressed love.
- Write a letter to someone you love telling them why you love them.
- “To have a heart of gold” means to care about other people. Describe someone that you know that has a heart of gold.
- Write your definition of what love means.
- Write a poem entitled “Love is …”
- Write an acrostic V.A.L.E.N.T.I.N.E. poem.
- A haiku is a poem that has 3 lines and usually they do not rhyme. The first and last lines have 5 syllables and the middle line has 7 syllables. Write a haiku for Valentine’s Day.
- A cinquain is a non-rhyming five-line poem that focuses on imagery and the natural world. Write a cinquain poem for Valentine’s Day.
All prompts sourced from,
Unknown author, “February Creative Writing prompts,” Unique Teaching Resources, accessed 2016-02-12, http://www.uniqueteachingresources.com/February-writing-prompts.html.