Spring and Holiday Writing Prompts:
- String and colored Easter Eggs.
- Peter Cottontail hopped across the road to…
- Write a poem, Haiku or short limerick about Spring.
- Write your own film script for an Easter or Passover comedy holiday film.
- Essay: Research either the origins of Easter or Passover, and describe how the two are related or unrelated. Write about what you find.
- Essay: Research how Christianity and Islam are related and why Islam acknowledges Jesus (Yeshua) as a Prophet in the Qur’an (Qur’an Chapter 3 verse 45; Surat ‘Ali `Imran [3:45])
- Essay: Write about a Semitic language such as Aramaic (used during Christ’s time) and/or Hebrew or even Arabic. What’s similar, what’s different?
- Watch a biblical based Easter or Passover film then write a short story or research an essay about it:
~The Ten Commandments (1923) and (1956)
~The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)
~The King of Kings (1927)
~The Passion of the Christ (2004)
~The Robe (1953)
~Jesus Christ Superstar (1973)
~Saint Mary (2002, Persian/Iranian film)
~The Muslim Jesus (ITV Documentary)
- Write about the March (Vernal) Equinox and/or the first day of spring.
- Research the significance of the Vernal Equinox in Pagan rituals such as Ostara/Ēostre (Wicca) and write about it.
- After a walk on the beach you return to your spot to find a red rose carefully placed in your beach chair.
- You are elected the mayor of a town you are visiting, but you don’t know the language spoken there.
- You swear your pet cat, Mr. Bigglesworth is out to get you!
- Aliens are among us, but they are not what we expected.
- What do you see on the other side of the door when you look through a peephole
- A movie rental isn’t the movie on the cover, it’s a local politician in a very delicate position.
- A for-hire corporate spy has stolen a new microchip design. They’ve got to transfer it to their employer within the next week.
- While walking through the park one day…
- If roses are red and violets are blue then…
- Write a love poem from the perspective of a pirate ship captain writing to the woman he loves.
Prompts adapted from: Apple Apps Store, Writing Prompts by 21 x 20 Media, Inc. Download with iTunes here and from Writing.com. With grammar and typos of prompts corrected, copy-edited and tweaked for relevance.