And, We’re Back! Join Us For The 2018 52 Week Short Story Writing Challenge!
To see what we did during 2016 with this, you can check that out here:
https://smcadman.com/2016/09/10/the-52-week-short-story-writing-challenge/ and https://smcadman.com/?s=52+weeks.
We’ll be doing this across a few websites this year, and @FuckinPrompts at https://milklunchbiscuits.wordpress.com is back again to help with the writing prompts. The first prompts will go up on Saturday March 17th, 2018 and they will be St. Patrick’s Day themed prompts. Like last year, we’ll put up a prompt (or several) every Saturday and the short story will be due the following Friday. We’ll be on @millandonemag and their website/magazine where I’m doing content, writing and graphics for them at https://amillionandonemagazine.com. And of course, be sure to follow @iamkjmarshall at https://authorkjmarshall.com/ and @BudgieBigelow at https://budgiebigelow.com/ too. The rules and details are below.
The challenge is this: Write a short story for every week of the year. Exactly what Ray Bradbury was quoted as saying. The rules will be simple. They are as follows:
- Write one story per week.
- The story must be between 200 and 10,000 words.
- A topic will be chosen and a type fiction will be handpicked by me or another person or persons.
- A type of fiction will be chosen from various writing genres.
- A prompt or an idea for these stories will be given each of the 52 weeks.
- You must post it to your blog or website every week even if it sucks. If you don’t have a blog or website you must share it with a friend or email it to a friend.
And no, you don’t have to follow these rules exactly, just write the damn story! ;)
Simple, right? And we’ll, “Keep it simple, stupid.” Same as last year, along with these posts, I will include various writing tidbits, tips and ideas on how to accomplish this writing feat from myself and various authors. We hope you’ll take a chance and write with us this year, especially if you’ve been experiencing writer’s block and need something to motivate you, this is it! The first prompt will be posted on St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday March 17th, 2018. Have fun and write on! ;)